Face peels remove top layers of skin to exfoliate and expedite cell turnover. When new cells are formed, this creates a new layer of skin—one that is fresh and smooth. Face peels can improve skin’s texture, even skin tone, minimize fine lines, and clear up acne by unclogging pores. One problem they can’t fix, contrary to popular belief: scarring (only lasers can to do that). Another misconception? Some people believe that face peels cause skin to overproduce oil and become more acne-prone, which is false.
We currently offer glycolic acid and salicylic acid chemical peels.
Glycolic Acid Peel Information
- Are believed to stimulate the growth of collagen, a protein that helps give skin its structure. The loss of collagen due to aging and sun exposure is one of the factors involved in the formation of lines and wrinkles.
- Help with fine lines, minor skin discolorations (such as "age" spots), and dry patches known as solar keratoses.
- Also useful for treating acne
- Effectiveness with minimum side effects
Salicylic Acid Peel Information
- It is the preferred peel for acne, as it is excellent peel to eliminate blackheads and clogged pores.
- Great for fine lines, blemishes, sun damage, melasma, razor bumps or to just achieve a more beautiful, glowing complexion
- Not for those who are allergic to aspirin or salicylic acid
Peels come in a variety of strengths and our doctors will choose an appropriate peel strength for you. The best way to ensure that you have a safe and effective chemical peel to have one performed at a dermatologist's or plastic surgeon's office.
Call (626) 449-4207 for more information about our chemical peels. Please note that chemical peels are cosmetic procedures and therefore are not covered by insurance.